right here, right now (little birdies edition)
* I need to set aside a day to write (I have a bunch of deadlines). I don't think it will be today because I have a foggy brain from the combination of yesterday's gray and a bad decision to start a book I maybe shouldn't have started (too depressing for a gray winter day - warning, this review contains spoilers, but explains exactly what I mean... it is a beautifully written book, but I'm not sure I can finish it).
* I am feeling sore (from working out yesterday). That's a good kind of sore, so I am not complaining.
* I am still trying to get photos of the wee birdies that come to my window. I think I may buy some mirror film so they can't see me.
* I am feeling grateful for friendship. For sweet words. (And for another friend who requested a letter of recommendation for her application to grad school!)
* And I'm annoyed because I made a technological blunder just now, deleting video footage from yesterday that I hadn't downloaded yet. Ugh.
* But, I got a shot of the male cardinal two seconds after the card formatted! YAY!
* And I can reshoot that video footage, it wasn't anything special (which is probably why I forgot about it until right after I hit "format").
* I am backing up my hard drive. No, that won't help with today's snafu, but it is always important and it had been awhile.
* It's only 44 degrees, but it's sunny, which is nice.
* Now the sparrows are crowding around the feeder. And oh, they are so sweet. Birds really do lift my mood.
* Especially this pudgy little bird (above) who is one of the most fearless of the bunch. He's just adorable.
* I shot all these photos while I was writing this post. I think I'll clean the window again when I refill the feeder. They're still gorgeous little creatures, tho, despite the streaky, wabi sabi window. Keeping it real.
* Keeping it real. Yup. Sums it all up. Today: for real.